Did Somebody Say Pizza?!
I photograph food a lot. I especially love capturing the joys of pizza. That has become more easily done since Jet’s Pizza opened up not 1 minute away from where I live. I love the convenience and I really do like their pizzas. So if you’re curious or need a guide on what to get, keep reading. And try not to drool all over the screen.
They have specials going on all the time. I get flyers and mailers in the locals, and you can sign up for their email coupons. There’s no reason to pay full price when they always have a deal going on although still worth it if you do. I especially like their “Beat the Clock” deal. After 9pm, when you call is the price you pay for a 1-topping pizza. Each additional topping is $1.00. I remember calling at 9:30 to order and got a large sausage for $9.30 plus tax. Can’t beat that!
A little background on Jet’s Pizza before we dive in. They got started out in Sterling Heights, Michigan by two brothers, Eugene and John Jetts in 1978. They joined forces with their cousins and since 2014, have about 310 franchises in 19 states.
They’re known for their square deep-dish Detroit-style pizza aka Signature Corner which is very doughy and has that yummy burnt cheese crust around the edges. I’ve tried them and they can be a pretty good filling meal on a cold winter day. I personally like thin crusts and NY style, so I don’t order those as much. Interestingly, the recipe for their corner pizza came from their mom!
Build Your Own
You can choose your crust and size and most importantly style. They offer several:
- Signature Deep Dish: 6/10/15/30 square pices (small, large, x-large, party tray)
- Hand Tossed Round: 6/8/10 slices (small/medium/large)
- Thin: 24 crispy square pieces (small, large)
- NY Style: 6 slices round (small, large)
- Signature 4 Corner Pizza: 4 square pieces
- Signature 8 Corner Pizza: 8 square pizzas
- Deep Dish Duo: 6 square pieces x2=12
- Gluten-Free Pizza: 6 slices
Flavorizing Your Crust:
Is not just possible but a bonus and at no extra cost!
- Poppy Seed
- Sesame Seed
- Shredded Parm (highly recommend)
- Turbo (butter+garlic+romano)
They always have a 1 topping deal or 3 topping deal. One of their newer bolder flavored pizzas is the “Bold Fold”. The pepperoni has a bit more kick than the regular. If you like that sort of stuff, go for it. The NY Style does this spicy pepperoni justice.
If you’re looking for more adventure in your pizza toppings, they have a long list of very good speciality pizzas. Remember, this is not Little Caesars.
- Aloha BBQ Chicken: mozzarella, chicken, pineapple, bacon, bbq sauce
- BBQ Chicken: mozzarella, chicken, bacon, red onions, bbq sauce
- Chicken Parmesan: mozzarella, chicken, tomatoes, shredded parmesan
- BLT: mozzarella, bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, mayo
- Hawaiian: mozzarella, ham, bacon, pineapple
- Meatball Supremo: mozzarella, meatballs, pepperoni, mild peppers
- Super Special: mozzarella, pepperoni, ham, mushrooms, onions, green peppers
- All Meaty: mozzarella, ham, bacon, italian sausage, hamburger
- Veggie: mozzarella, mushrooms, onions, green peppers, black olives, tomatoes
- Grilled Chicken: mozzarella, chicken, onions, green peppers, mild peppers, tomatoes
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken: ranch, mozzarella, chicken, bacon, red onions, buffalo wing sauce
- The Eugene Supreme: mozzarella, italian sausage, onion, green peppers, mild peppers
- Jet 10: mozzarella, pepperoni, ham, hamburger, italian sausage, bacon mushrooms, onions, green peppers, black olives
So far, I’ve tried the Aloha BBQ Chicken, BBQ Chicken, BLT, All Meaty, Hawaiian, Buffalo Ranch Chicken, Eugene Supreme and Jet 10. The BLT is a salad pizza. It’s the healthiest looking pizza I ever had. They pile on freshly shredded iceberg lettuce, tomatoes and bacon. Tastes just like a BLT. Buffalo Ranch Chicken was an awesome surprise. The ranch sauce (same one made from scratch daily) along with the wing sauce make a perfect somewhat spicy combo. Eugene Supreme has the added bonus of banana peppers. Jet 10 is everything but the kitchen sink. BBQ Chicken was the first pizza I ordered and we were so impressed. They added the Aloha later which just adds pineapple to the BBQ Chicken. All yummy.
I initially ordered the Honey BBQ bone-in wings then switched to boneless when my order got mixed up. It was a good mistake, I actually like the boneless better. They make their own ranch sauce from scratch daily, so it’s the perfect accompaniment.
I’ve tried the Garden Salad and Greek Salad. Both are good decent salads. My fav salad has always been the House Salad from La Villa tho. If you do like a fresh salad along with your pizza, the small is enough for 3 people.
I wound up loving this after receiving a complimentary order for being one of their #1 customers. Ha! I thought this was like crazy bread you get from Caesars but noooooo. This can be a meal in itself. The bread is freshly made and the marinara sauce is made from scratch just like their ranch sauce. You can add pepperoni or bacon on top. I’ve tried it with bacon and it’s just as good.
- Deep Dish
- Jet’s Triple Cheese
Deli Boat & Jet’s Boat
These are baked pizza doughs stuffed with different ingredients. They’re pretty huge too. Only tried the Steak & Cheese and it’s pretty good.
- Premium Mozzarella (Jet’s Boat)
- Additional Toppings (Jet’s Boat)
- Ham & Cheese
- Steak & Cheese
- Grilled Chicken
8″ Subs & Dessert
These are the unexplored parts of the menu for me. However they make subs using the same fresh bread they use for everything else. And Cinnamon Stix.
- Ham & Cheese
- Steak & Cheese
- Grilled Chicken
- Chicken Parmesan
There are 16 Chicagoland locations. You can find out more by going to JetsPizza.com.
PS. Read more of my Jet’s Pizza Review on Yelp.
Jet’s Slogan: Life is short. Eat better Pizza. Let’s get Jet’s.